Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Budweiser out as Earnhardt's sponsor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Budweiser out as Earnhardt's sponsor

    CONCORD, N.C. - Dale Earnhardt Jr. will have a new sponsor in 2008. Hendrick Motorsports announced Friday that long-term contractual commitments to the team's current sponsors will preclude Budweiser as primary sponsor of Earnhardt's car when he joins Hendrick next season.

    "We have agreements in place with sponsors for the 2008 NASCAR Sprint Cup season, which prevent us from having a relationship with Budweiser," team owner Rick Hendrick said in a statement. "Honoring our commitments is important to us. The trade-off is missing an opportunity to bring Budweiser, a marquee brand synonymous with NASCAR and its fans, into the fold."

    After deciding to leave Dale Earnhardt Inc., the team founded by his late father, Junior signed to race for Hendrick. But primary sponsorship of his team remains undecided.

    The Hendrick announcement said no timetable has been established for a decision on the car's primary sponsor.

    Earnhardt has a personal services contract with Budweiser that runs through 2008, but the beer company is reportedly talking with other teams about sponsorship.

    "Budweiser has sponsored Dale Jr. for nearly a decade, and we wish him the very best," said Tony Ponturo, vice president of global media and sports marketing for Anheuser-Busch Inc. "Budweiser will remain an active sponsor of NASCAR, and we look forward to building upon the legacy of the iconic Budweiser red car in 2008 and beyond."

    Earnhardt said he is grateful for the association with Budweiser through the years.

    "I'm a race car driver," he said. "All I can do is drive as hard as I can for my fans and sponsorship partners and give my best effort each weekend."


    <u><span style='font-size: 11pt'><span style="color: #33FF33">SOURCE</span></span></u>
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  2. #2
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Budweiser out as Earnhardt's sponsor

    I read that Sony will likely be Jr's primary sponser.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Budweiser out as Earnhardt's sponsor

    I have also heard Visa, but who knows. I could see Mountain Dew being that, and if they cannot acquire the #8, maybe trying to get the #88 from Yates to bring back the old Mountain Dew 88 from the early 80s.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #4
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Budweiser out as Earnhardt's sponsor

    Pepsi most likely gonna be the primary on Jr's car.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Budweiser out as Earnhardt's sponsor

    I also read that a Pepsi product is likely to be the primary sponser. Since reading that I've begun to think that Mountain Dew will be the primary sponer, or maybe Gatorade.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •